Serves 2. Prep: 10-15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Make these great tasting fritters for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are delicious any time of day! Serve with a dollop of sour cream and Salsa Fresca or just the Salsa. Avocado slices are also a good accompaniment. A fried or poached egg on the side makes it a meal.
About ½ pound small zucchini squash
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup red onion, minced
½ cup flour, spelt works well
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the zucchini into a medium size bowl.
- Add the egg, onion, half of the flour, salt, pepper, and the parsley.
- Mix together with a fork. Add more flour as needed so the mixture holds together.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Drop the fritter batter by the tablespoons full into the skillet.
- Sauté until browned on one side, turn over and repeat. (The total cooking time is about 5 minutes.)