Serves 6. Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2-4 min. on each side
Overall time depends on the size of your grill or skillet
Bake or roast a winter squash like butternut for dinner and use the leftovers to make these delicious pancakes. Great with a slice of ham on the side and/or a fried egg. Instead of the usual sweet toppings, try your favorite red chili sauce.
2 cups sifted flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
2 cups milk of choice
1 Tablespoon melted butter or oil
1 cup cooked, mashed winter squash
2 eggs, separated
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add milk, butter or oil, and slightly beaten egg yolks. Mix well
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into first mixture
- Bake on hot grill or skillet, turning once.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.