Serves as many as you want! Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
Here is a real kid-pleaser way to fix zucchini. Top with ketchup, salsa or sour cream, whatever you like!
2-3 medium-size zucchini cut into ¼ inch rounds
2 eggs beaten lightly
1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
1-2 tablespoons safflower or avocado oil
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: sour cream, salsa, ranch dressing, fresh herbs minced with garlic and added to a little olive oil, or guacamole.
- Set the zucchini slices aside on a plate.
- Put the eggs in a bowl next to the zucchini.
- Spread the crumbs on a small plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil.
- Dip each round into the egg and then coat with the flour.
- Fry on each side until golden. This will take just a couple minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel, serve while still warm with one or a couple of the suggested toppings.