Finely diced jalapenos
Chopped fresh tomatoes
Sautéed onions and green peppers
Roasted red peppers
Grilled chicken strips or tofu
1 ½ cups grated cheese (cheddar or Jack)
4 teaspoons butter or olive oil
4 flour tortillas
1 cup filling (from any of the above combinations)
- Prepare 1 cup of the additional filling ingredients you plan to use and combine with the grated cheese in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet on low to medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Lay one tortilla in the skillet and warm it until it is flexible.
- Place ¾ cup of the filling on one half of the tortilla. Fold in half and press down slightly with a spatula.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let quesadilla heat for one minute.
- Remove cover, flip quesadilla over, press down with spatula, cover skillet and heat one more minute.
- Repeat process with the other 3 tortillas.
- Serve hot with refried beans and or a green salad.