Make these great tasting fritters for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are delicious any time of day! Serve with a scoop of goat cheese or a dollop of sour cream and Salsa Fresca or Salsa. Avocado slices are also a good accompaniment. Add a fried or poached egg for a full, well balanced meal.
Prep time: 10-15 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
- About ½ pound small zucchini squash
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup flour, spelt works well
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the zucchini into a medium size bowl.
- Add the egg, onion, half of the flour, salt, pepper, and the parsley.
- Mix together with a fork. Add more flour as needed so the mixture holds together.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Drop the fritter batter by the tablespoons full into the skillet.
- Sauté until browned on one side, turn over and repeat. (The total cooking time is about 5 minutes.)
We served these topped with goat cheese and salsa, but the seasonal possibilities for toppings are many.