Serves 4 as a side dish. Prep: 15 minutes. Cook: 30 min. for beets to become fork tender.
Beets and raspberries have little in common except color, but when the flavors are paired, they complement each other beautifully. The goat cheese and balsamic vinegar bring sparkle and richness to this unusual combination!
One bunch medium size beets (about 4)
One ½ pint box raspberries
Fresh goat cheese
Balsamic raspberry vinegar (optional)
- Remove greens from beets and save for another use.
- Fill a pot ½ to ¾ full of room temperature water.
- Add the beets and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue to boil until the beets are “fork tender” (easily pierced with a fork).
- Set aside until cool enough to handle. The skins should slip off easily.
- Slice the beets into ½ rounds or ½ inch dice.
- Wash the berries and add to the beets.
- Sprinkle generously with the goat cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.