Serves 4. Prep: 30-40 min. Cook: Quinoa takes about 20 min to cook
This is an ideal picnic salad celebrating the bright, peak of the summer season flavors. It is colorful, aromatic and delicious!
3 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
1 bunch scallions cut on an angle or 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 ears sweet corn, husked
1 handful fresh mint leaves
1 handful fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, onion, and tomatoes.
- Use a paring knife to cut the corn off the cob into the bowl.
- Scrape the cobs with the back of the knife to capture some of the milky pulp.
- Add the mint and basil.
- Toss everything together.
- Add the vinegar, 1 teaspoon sea salt and a couple twists of black pepper.
- Add the olive oil and toss again.
- Serve at room temperature.