Servings: 4-6. Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 minutes.
For breakfast, lunch or dinner, this simple recipe is a delicious side dish. Great with eggs and garlic sautéed greens.
5 large potatoes, peeled or not
1 large onion
1/3 cup flour
Olive or vegetable oil for frying
- Grate potatoes and onion.
- Strain grated potatoes and onion through a colander, pressing out excess water.
- Add eggs and flour, mix well.
- Heat a couple Tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet.
- Place 1 large Tablespoon batter at a time into hot, sizzling oil.
- Fry on one side for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn over and fry on the other side 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Continue with the remaining batter, adding more oil when necessary.
- Serve with pesto or salsa.