Makes 6 servings. Prep: 15 minutes.
The flavors of apple and kale are surprisingly good together especially if the apple is tart and crisp!
1 bunch kale
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup red onion, diced
⅓ cup raisins or currants
¾ cup apple, diced
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- De-stem kale by pulling leaves away from the stems.
- Wash leaves and spin, or pat dry.
- Stack leaves, roll up and cut into thin ribbons.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salt and massage it into the kale with your hands for about 2 minutes.
- Stir onion, currents and apple into the kale.
- Dress with oil and vinegar.