Late Harvest Potato Salad
with Kale and Tomatoes
Serves 4. Preparation: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
1 pound new crop potatoes, red or Yukon Gold cut into ½ inch dice
½ bunch kale
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup red onion, minced
2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Steam the potato pieces until they are fork tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Remove the stems from the kale, and steam it using the same pot and water you used for the potatoes. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard powder, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the basil, and mix again.
- Add all the veggies, and toss gently.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.