Serves 4. Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
This delicious dish offers a memory of summer and a hint of fall pairing tomatoes, kale and potatoes. Serve at room temperature as a main course or alongside fish or garbanzo beans.
1 pound new crop potatoes, red or Yukon Gold, cut into ½ inch dice
½ bunch kale
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup red onion, minced
2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Steam the potato pieces until they are fork tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Remove the stems from the kale.
- Steam until tender.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard powder, and salt.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Add the basil, and mix again.
- Add all the veggies, and toss gently.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top just before serving.