Serves 4 (as a side ) Prep: 30 min. Cook: 12 (grilled) 4 (boiled)
The colors and flavors in this lovely salad celebrate the end of summer season. It is easy to make and a great accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
4 ears of fresh corn, silks removed, husks on and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
¼ cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
¾ cup feta cheese crumbles (Grocery Outlet)
¼ onion, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat grill to high. Grill corn until charred on all sides, turning every few minutes until tender. This will take 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove husks from the corn.
Alternatively, if you don’t grill:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the corn on the cob (without husks). After 4 minutes, remove and cool.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cob into a large bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, mustard and garlic in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing and remaining ingredients to the corn
- Toss well.