Serves 4. Prep: 15 min. Cook: None
This is a fast, refreshing salad to celebrate fall. To turn it into a one dish meal, add a cup and a half of cooked brown basmati rice.
½ cup raw hazelnuts or walnuts
1 bunch organic spinach
Zest from 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice from one lemon
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon honey
1 tart fall apple, cut into bite size pieces
½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Roast the hazelnuts or walnuts in a 350-degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wash the spinach, tear or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the zest from the lemon, set it aside.
- To the oil, add the lemon juice, salt, and honey.
- Mix well.
- Put the apple, spinach, cranberries or rains, and zest in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing.
- Toss to mix.