Serves 6-8 as a side dish, Prep: 30 minutes, Cook: 15-20 min.
This beautiful combination of colors and textures makes a lovely side dish for just about any main course. It is particularly nice for a Thanksgiving meal.
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ cup drained small capers, rinsed
Zest of 1 lemon
3 Tablespoons marjoram, chopped
1 head cauliflower
About 1 pound of broccoli
- In a mortar or small bowl, pound the garlic, salt, and pepper together
- Stir into the butter, mustard, capers, zest, and marjoram
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Steam until fork tender.
- Toss with the butter while still warm.
- Check for salt and pepper seasoning, and toss again.