Serves 2 to 4. Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
This is a meal solution for any time of day. Add beans and a salad to make an easy dinner, or scrambled eggs for a delicious breakfast.
Finely diced jalapeños
Chopped fresh tomatoes
Sautéed onions and green peppers
Roasted red peppers
Grilled chicken strips or tofu
1 ½ cups grated cheese (cheddar or Jack)
4 teaspoons butter or olive oil
4 flour tortillas
1 cup filling (from any of the above combinations)
- Prepare 1 cup of the filling ingredients you plan to use
- Combine with the grated cheese in a bowl
- Heat a large skillet on low to medium heat
- Add 1 teaspoon of the butter
- Lay one tortilla in the skillet and warm it until it is flexible
- Place ¾ cup of the filling on one half of the tortilla.
- Fold in half and press down slightly with a spatula.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let quesadilla heat for one minute
- Remove cover, flip quesadilla over, press down with spatula, cover skillet
- Heat one more minute.
- Repeat process with the other 3 tortillas.
- Serve hot with refried beans and/or green salad.