Some of our vendors
Fair Valley Farms
Vine to Table
More at the Market!
Please join us!
Find us in Old Town Florence, across from 1193 Bay Street
This Year's Farmers Market 2021
Robust community support and new Oregon Health Authority guidelines have made it possible for us to enjoy the company of our friends and the fruits of our vendors in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere at our walk-in market, at the corner of Kingwood and Bay Streets. For those who find it more convenient, some vendors will continue to accept on-line ordering for pick-ups at their booths. ( Please see ‘On-line Shopping’ below for guidance.)
In compliance with the guidelines, we have had to cancel all nonessential programming including community partner booths, cooking and special classes, for now. But we will have all your favorite local produce and products, live music and some limited sampling, as well as the pleasure of reconnecting with you.
The safety of our shoppers and vendors is our number one concern. So there will be informational signs, and our staff and vendors will be wearing masks. We request that our shoppers do the same to ensure a safe and easy shopping experience for everyone.
We look forward to seeing you all again. We’ll celebrate by turning the page toward a more enjoyable and fruitful summer.
Pre-order online for easy pickup!
To Use WhatsGood
Some but not all vendors will continue to have their products available for online purchase and pickup at their market booth. If you prefer to shop this way:
- Visit WhatsGood. Log in if you already have an account or select sign up in the upper right hand corner of your screen to create one. Follow the instructions to create your account.
- Start shopping and when you are finished, follow the screen prompts to check out. Be sure you finalize your order and receive an email confirmation of what you ordered. You will be charged a 5% order fee in addition to the cost of the products you ordered.
- Select Florence Farmers Market when the page listing Markets Near You comes up—it should be the first listing.
- Bring your order confirmation. It is important you bring your order confirmation with you to the Market so you can pick up your items from each vendor you ordered from at their booth. You can still also purchase items directly from vendors at the Market.
Oregon Trail Cards
We Welcome Oregon Trail Card Users!
Bring your card to the Market, charge whatever amount you want on your card, we will give you tokens to spend with any vendor. We will also match whatever amount you charge up to $20! For more detailed information, follow us on facebook.
How to Use Your Oregon Trail Card at the Florence Farmers MarketCome to the Market Manager booth where a staff person can swipe your Oregon Trail Card. You’ll tell the staff person how much you want to spend in SNAP benefits, and you’ll get that amount of market currency that you spend like cash with the vendors that sell SNAP eligible food items (meat, cheese, eggs, bread, produce, etc.). The currency can only be spent at the Market, but you don’t need to spend it the same day you receive it. You can spend it at the Market later in the season. Money is deducted from your SNAP balance the day you get the market currency whether or not you spend the market currency that day. Vendors are not allowed to give you change for market currency.
Go Further With SNAP
All About Double Up Food Bucks!
- Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) is a program that “matches” SNAP benefits spent at the Florence Farmers Market (FFM). For every $2 of SNAP benefits, you choose to spend, you’ll get a match of up to $20 in DUFB that you can spend on fruits and vegetables. So, if you spend $20 in SNAP benefits, you’ll get an extra $20 free that you can use to buy more produce.
- When you use your Oregon Trail Card at the FFM, you’ll automatically get an equal value of DUFB up to $20. DUFB are the look and size of a playing card and are worth $2 each for fruits and vegetables.
- Since DUFB are $2 each, make sure you ask for an even number of SNAP benefits so we can give you the full match. If you ask for $5 in SNAP, you’ll only get $4 in DUFB, but if you ask for $6 from your SNAP Card, you’ll get $6 in DUFB.
- You can spend your DUFB on fresh, dried, or frozen whole or cut fruits and vegetables without added sugars, fats, oils, or salt. This includes mushrooms, herbs, dried beans, vegetable starts and nuts. You can spend your SNAP currency on any SNAP eligible foods at the market such as bread, cheese, meat and produce.
- USDA funding limits the eligible foods to fruits and vegetables only. This is due to research that shows increased consumption of fruits and vegetables improves health and decreases the risk of many chronic diseases.
- If you don’t want to spend all your DUFB, keep them and use them the following week! DUFB are not refundable because they are free. Some people like to save up their DUFB for when their favorite fruit and vegetables are in season, and then buy big quantities to can or freeze. New DUFB currency is printed each calendar year, so be sure to use them before they expire December 31.